Entering a foreign University is a dream for many students. What makes all these people go to study abroad? There are many reasons for starting this kind of journey. Anyone has its own: improving language skills, gaining knowledge, or finding your community. Scholarships are the way to pay less money and gain knowledge from Universities all around the world. That is why we made a list of the easiest scholarships for international students to apply for 2021.
Fulbright Scholarship (USA)
The Fulbright Program is a unique, most extensive US government-funded educational program aimed at international academic and cultural exchange. There are some steps you have to complete for applying for the 2022/2023 year.
- Send by email a registration form and a scan of the Consent to process personal data and submit the Consent's original.
Those who have decided to participate in the competition are required to send documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject "VGS 21-22 Registration":
- A registration form and Consent to the processing of personal data.
- Get an individual link to the online system.
- Submit letters of recommendation to the competition.
Three recommendation letters are required for the competition. For the first round of the competition, letters are accepted only by email in the form of scans. Scans of notes are taken by email until May 15.
- Send a scan of a higher education diploma with an attachment.
The stages of the competition are simple: closing time for the applications is the middle of May, and from April to June of the following year, enrollment of the semifinals.
Berea College Scholarship (USA)
Berea College offers scholarships to all international students. College scholarship helps with tuition fees, and students can seek other funding sources besides college scholarships to pay for 100% of the tuition. The program is available to study in any college undergraduate program.
International students must meet all the requirements of the program to which they are applying. Among the requirements are:
- Knowledge of English and excellent academic performance is a must. All documents must be delivered to the college by November 30.
- You also need to provide the results of ONE of the tests: TOEFL, IELTS, or SAT. It is also necessary to know English.
Estonian School of Diplomacy Scholarships (EU)
Together with the Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Estonian Diplomatic School offers full scholarships to young diplomats and civil servants in 2021/2022 years. The scholarship can be obtained to study in the International Relations and European Integration program from September 2021 to May 2022.
- Citizens of ODA countries (Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Belarus, Georgia, Tajikistan, Armenia, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Azerbaijan) can participate in the scholarship;
- The candidates must be under thirty-five old or less;
- The candidates must have a bachelor's degree;
- They have to be fluent in English;
- The candidates who are currently officially employed in their homeland by foreign or civilian civil servants and have been working in this position for at least one year can participate in the competition;
- The candidate must be motivated to study international relations and related disciplines. The priority is for candidates wishing to continue their professional career as a civil servant in their country;
- The candidate must be hardworking, willing to cooperate and learn in an intercultural environment.
Art Major Asian Scholarship Program (Korea)
The Korea National University of Arts offers the Art Major Asian Scholarship Program to international students. The promotion of international cooperation in education and mutual friendship between countries is the purpose of the scholarship. Students can apply for the following undergraduate and graduate programs: Music, Dance, Visual Arts, Drama, Film / Television / Multimedia, Korean Traditional Art.
- Request application;
- Motivation letter;
- Plan of the education;
- Medical examination (in English);
- Three recommendation letters;
- Portfolio of works (in English slides, video, DVD);
- Copy of diplomas and certificates;
- Score sheet (in English);
- Copy of the passport;
- There is a need to pass a test on language proficiency (Korean or English), experience certificates.
University of Paris-Saclay Scholarship (EU)
The University of Paris-Saclay offers a minimal number of Master's programs in English. Most of the Master's programs are taught in French. Students need to know French at the B1 level, but a certificate is not required. A student at the University of Paris-Saclay offers a scholarship:
- The amount of the scholarship is 10,000 € per year. The scholarship is paid over ten months;
- A grant of 1000 € is paid to cover travel expenses and visas;
- Students will receive a scholarship and grant only upon arrival to study. The University does not make any advance payments.
- International students who first enroll in a master's program at the University of Paris-Saclay;
- Сandidates must be no older than thirty;
- International students can enroll in courses, after which they will not receive an academic degree.
IHE Delft Institute Rotary Scholarship (EU)
The education is held in English. The Rotary Club members invite the student for an interview. Applications for the scholarship must reach Rotary headquarters no later than June 15.
The organization awards fellowships to a limited number of fellows who demonstrate high potential and willingness to contribute to water and sanitation issues. They will notify the candidates about the application reviews at the end of August.
Vice-Chancellor's Scholarship From Robert Gordon University (UK)
The Vice-Chancellor's Scholarship of Robert Gordon University is exclusively open to international students entering the University's undergraduate degree. The scholarship pays the total tuition fees for the first year.
- Receive confirmation from Robert Gordon University for enrollment in one of the undergraduate programs (full-time study);
- The applicants must have excellent academic performance;
- International students who are obliged to pay for their tuition can also enroll in the scholarship;
- The students cannot receive other scholarships, and they must be self-financed.
- The applicant must speak perfect English;
- The applicant must write a letter of motivation. Students should also note why they are worthy of the scholarship.
Social Entrepreneurship and Non-Profit Management Scholarship From (EU)
Two scholarships are fully paying for the Executive MPA program. This scholarship is open to social entrepreneurs and managers who work for non-profit organizations and have leadership skills or experience.
- The applicants need to have a diploma with excellent marks in one of the disciplines: business, economics, law, sociology, natural sciences;
- Have work experience at least two years;
- Excellent command of English;
- Online application;
- Motivation letter (in English or German);
- Copies of an extract with grades and diploma (if the document is not in English or German, a certified translation must be provided);
- Two letters of recommendation ;
- English proficiency test.
Stephen M. Kellen Scholarship From Sciences Po and Freie Universität Berlin (EU)
Attracting outstanding students to study in a dual bachelor's program taught at two universities is the task of The Stephen M. Kellen Scholarship. The students must apply for a Dual Degree (BA) at Sciences Po, in conjunction with Freie Universität Berlin.
A scholarship can be received by a student who meets the following requirements:
- The applicant has to have excellent academic performance;
- A demonstrated vision through an essay on a chosen topic;
Students must send the following documents by June 15 to email@example.com:
- Completed application form;
- A letter of motivation, in which it is necessary to indicate the cause for studying in Berlin (maximum 1000 words);
- Essay on "Populism and Democracy in Europe" in English (2000 words).
The University of Bristol, Marie Sklodowska-Curie Scholarship (UK)
The University of Bristol is offering the Marie Sklodowska-Curie Scholarship for the academic year 2021/2022. The scholarship is open to applicants from the EU and other countries. The scholarship researches at the University of Bristol for 12 to 24 months. The participation of third parties (museums, NGOs, archives, charitable foundations) is allowed in projects.
The scholarship aims to increase the competence and creativity of the best researchers from Europe. The amount of the scholarship. The scholarship pays for:
- The scholarship is available for research in all disciplines;
- Applicants must have a Ph.D. or research experience;
- Researchers can participate in research projects and third parties, such as museums, archives, NGOs, charities.
There are some steps to apply:
- Find a supervisor and contact him;
- Fill out an application and provide a CV;
The commission will review the application and determine if the research topic is suitable for the selected faculty of the University of Bristol. You can apply from April 1, 2021, to September 1, 2021.
Harbin Engineering University Full Scholarship (China)
The University trains researchers and researches shipbuilding engineering, ocean research, and nuclear energy applications. The University wishes to prepare a team of first-class engineers, scientists, and industry leaders, to improve education, teaching, and research.
- Photocopy of the passport;
- A diploma (notarized photocopy);
- The statement of grades (if the language of the report is not English or Chinese, translation into English or Chinese is required);
- Recommendation letters;
- Study or study plan (maximum 800 words in English or Chinese);
- Photocopy of the medical examination;
- Application for admission and application for a scholarship.
- Documents must be submitted by May 31, 2021.
Skills to Learn When Applying for International Scholarship
There are basic requirements that you will have to meet when applying to most of the scholarships.
What Foreign Language Proficiency Levels Do You Need to Get a Scholarship
The language proficiency test is necessary to assess whether the student speaks it sufficiently for successful study. The student who chooses an English-language program in Germany, for example, has to know how to determine an English proficiency level.
Which test to choose depends on the requirements of the University. Some universities accept the results of several international exams, but many consider only one. We can mention some of them:
- English: TOEFL, IELTS, CAE, CPE;
- German: TestDaF; DSH;
- French: TCF; DELF/DALF
- Spanish: DELE;
- Chinese: HSK, HSKK.
An international language exam is always required when entering a foreign University, so you have to start working on that now.
How to Write a Proper Motivation Letter
A motivation letter is a piece of paper where you as an applicant show the board why they have to choose you.
- Check out the guidelines
Register online in the University's application submission system and find a description of the requirements there. Ensure that the amount of words and printed signs, including the questions you should cover in your essay, covers the topic ideas.
- Create the structure
Determine the paragraphs included in your essay and how these sections relate to each other; don't forget to include an introduction and conclusion. Think over and perhaps summarize what you will write about in each of the sections of your motivational essay.
- Define your career goals and describe them;
Most foreign Universities include the question of the student's future career in the questions of the motivation letter. The older the student or, the higher his education level, the more specific and thoughtful the description of his career plan should be.
- Tell us about your qualities, knowledge, and achievements;
You must share the best parts of yourself. How and what to tell about yourself in a motivation letter baffles many applicants because usually, we don't do that often.
- Describe why you are interested in this program and the University;
A motivation letter for a master's degree should demonstrate a deeper understanding of the subject than an essay for admission to the first degree.
- Put the pieces together;
- Check and edit your motivation letter;
Don't forget to check your motivation letter, and grammar and style must be consistent.
To Sum It Up
Getting a scholarship is an excellent opportunity for any student or professional to boost a career and meet the community of engaged people. Entering a foreign University might seem complicated, but it is achievable, believe us.
The trick is that you have to pick the subject you love, choose the country you'd like to visit, and select the course. You will have to pass a foreign language proficiency test and some other primary tests to compete. Stay tuned and prepare for your exams patiently without getting distracted!