List of Top Colleges With Best Student Life
Top Colleges With Best Student Life
There’s a saying – All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. This is so well put. If you end up spending all your time with academic work, you’ll soon be bored and become a boring person too. So when you are selecting an international college to pursue higher studies, be sure to consider what kind of a student like it offers.
Some colleges with the best student life are:
Study programs offered at the University of Southern California range from master’s, Ph.D., dual degree, and graduate certificate programs at their renowned liberal arts colleges or 20 professional schools. This energetic campus has over 48,500 students from different corners of the world.
There is so much you can do besides academics:
- Get connected with cultural communities – there are at least half a dozen of them
- Join fraternities & sororities and form lifelong friendships
- Pursue recreational sports – there are at least 4 fitness centres, to stay healthy and fit
- Participate in the Late Night SC - free late-night programs Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 9 pm - 2 am
- Attend performances at the Ground Zero Performance Café
Merit-based scholarships are available and undergraduate can avail of grants too. Need-based scholarships are unavailable to international students.
Notable alumni: Neil Armstrong, Robert Zemeckis and John Wayne
The departments and programs that UCLA offers are so vast and diverse that it has to be listed in alphabetical order. UCLA offers close to 150 graduate degree programs. With close to 45,000 international students on the 419-acre campus, the general atmosphere is full of vim and vigour.
The UCLA campus is always throbbing with activity
- Choose and join or even start your own student’s club
- Attend the Bruin Bash, the annual festival to celebrate the opening of the new school year
- Savour world cuisine at the nationally renowned, and award-winning eateries
- Step out of the campus and soak up the Hollywood experience. Catch a music festival or simply walk down Sunset strip.
And there’s so much more to do.
International undergraduate students don’t receive any kind of financial aid. In the graduate program, most fellowship, scholarship and grant awards are for one academic year and are open to all students.
Notable alumni: Francis Ford Coppola, Jim Morrison, and Jackie Robinson
The University is reputed for the excellent higher education at the 19 schools and colleges offering over 250-degree programs. Around 15,000 are admitted annually and the total number of students enrolled at any given time is close to 45000.
There are over 1400 listed student organizations on this vibrant campus
- Participate in community activities and charitable projects like the dance marathon, international medical relief for children, U-M Stars for Make-a-Wish foundation, etc.
- Become a student activist – the most visible being groups for civil rights and labour rights.
- Join the ethnic student organization that will help you be part of your cultural community on foreign shores.
- Eat well and discover all types of cuisine both on campus and at classy downtown dining facilities.
There is plenty more to do outside the academic domain. Financial aid is limited to international undergraduates and graduates.
Notable alumni: Larry Page, Tom Brady and Jim Harbaugh
The University offers over 9000 courses of which over 200 are undergraduate majors and certificates. There are over 250 programs at the master’s, doctoral and professional levels.
The campus is always abuzz with activity considering there are more than 45,000 students
- There are over 900 student organizations to be part of or you could start a new one
- Become an energetic spectator to the numerous athletic achievements or even become a participant
- Stroll through the largest farmer’s market or simply relax with live music
- There’s a lot more to keep yourself occupied besides academics.
Scholarships are available to eligible international students.
Notable alumni: Steve Jobs, Dick Cheney and Tony Evers
Study programs range from an undergraduate degree, a graduate degree, double dawgs, online programs, and non-degree programs in an array of study courses.
There are close to 39,00 students enrolled, ensuring a vibrant campus
- Some years back, the University was considered the top party school
- Greek life is a pronounced part of the college culture
- Besides having an athletic association, the university also promotes intercollegiate club sports as well as recreational sports
- Fraternity and sorority clubs give students a sense of belonging.
And there are more reasons to choose this university.
Need-based scholarships and grants are available.
Notable alumni: Ryan Seacrest, Alton Brown and Michael Stipe