College admissions can often feel like a faceless process shrouded in mystery. The decision-making processes of hyper-selective Ivy League institutions can seem especially opaque to applicants.
But your college essays offer the opportunity to showcase some of the harder-to-summarize, qualitative aspects of your application. These essays are a chance for you to give admissions officers a sense of your personality, interests that fall outside the scope of your resume, or moments that have been personally important to you.
In this webinar, we'll teach you what it takes to create a personal statement that stands out among a sea of competitive applicants.
This presentation will include:
• An overview of the Common Application essay prompts
• Tips for selecting the most strategic topics
• Common personal statement mistakes and how to avoid them
• The basic structure of the personal statement
• Expert advice on how to edit your essay